Tuesday, September 6, 2016

[Bouncr: 3v394] A Lot Of People Are Very Upset A Half-Indian Woman Won The Miss Japan

"When a Japanese is mixed, the face always becomes dirty. She's the most disappointing Asian race," one tweet read.

On Monday, half-Indian, half-Japanese Priyanka Yoshikawa was crowned Miss World Japan.

On Monday, half-Indian, half-Japanese Priyanka Yoshikawa was crowned Miss World Japan.

Toru Yamanaka / AFP / Getty Images

This is the second year in a row that a mixed race woman has won the pageant. In 2015, half-African American, half-Japanese Ariana Miyamoto was crowned Miss Universe Japan.

This is the second year in a row that a mixed race woman has won the pageant. In 2015, half-African American, half-Japanese Ariana Miyamoto was crowned Miss Universe Japan.

Toru Yamanaka / AFP / Getty Images

"Before Ariana, haafu girls couldn't represent Japan... That's what I thought too. I didn't doubt it or challenge it until this day. Ariana encouraged me a lot by showing me and showing all mixed girls the way."

"We are Japanese," she said. "Yes I'm half Indian and people are asking me about my purity – yes my dad is Indian and I'm proud of it, I'm proud that I have Indian in me. But that does not mean I'm not Japanese."


View Entire List ›



via BuzzFeed - World http://ift.tt/2cgvy2K

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment